Truck Accident Lawyers in Encinitas, California
The truck accident lawyers in Encinitas, California at Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers work with individuals who have been hurt due to the negligence or neglect of a truck driver or truck company. Semi-truck companies make billions of dollars in revenue every year, and yet, every year, thousands of people die or are injured in truck accidents. Truck companies have an obligation to take safety measures to protect people on the road. The semi-truck accident lawyers in Encinitas, California at Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers work with truck accident victims and their families to help them seek justice for their injuries and losses under the law.
If you have been hurt in a truck accident in Encinitas, California, you may be facing a long road to recovery ahead of you. When truck accidents occur, the people most likely to suffer serious injuries are occupants in passenger vehicles. In fact, according to the Insurance Institute of for Highway Safety, 66 percent of truck accident fatalities were occupants of passenger vehicles. Another 16 percent were pedestrians, bicyclists, and motorcycle riders. Truck drivers account for a small percentage of truck accident deaths. When truck drivers make mistakes, other people tend to get hurt. Because of the risk that trucks pose to passenger vehicles and road users, truck drivers and insurance companies are required to hold high insurance policies.
Settlement Involving Sexual Assault
Medical Malpractice action resulting in a confidential settlement
Confidential Settlement Legal Malpractice
Jane Doe was sexually harassed by her manager at a fast food restaurant.
Settlement Involving a Motorcycle versus Vehicle Accident
If you have been seriously hurt in a truck accident in Encinitas, California, you may have important rights under the law. For example, you may be entitled to seek compensation for your medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Truck companies and drivers are required to abide by many strict regulations. When truck companies break the law, and passenger vehicle occupants get hurt, drivers and truck companies may be required to compensate victims and their families for their injuries and losses. The truck accident lawyers in Encinitas, California at Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers may be able to help you and your family seek justice after a crash.
Was a Truck Driver Responsible for Your Accident in Encinitas, California?
The trucking industry makes an estimated $700 billion each year. While many trucking companies abide by the law and take steps to prevent accidents, some truck companies might cut corners to protect their bottom lines. Truck companies and drivers are required to abide by strict local and federal laws. If a truck broke the law and later was responsible for an accident, victims may be entitled to make a claim and seek damages.
Truck accident claims can be more complex than passenger vehicle claims because truck drivers and companies are required to abide by additional regulations and laws. There may also be more parties involved in a truck accident claim than in a passenger vehicle claim. Victims and families may be entitled to seek damages from truck drivers, shipping companies, truck owners, and their insurers.
If you’ve been in a truck accident in Encinitas, California, consider speaking to Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates, a truck accident law firm today. Our firm understands the law and can help you and your family seek the best possible recovery permitted under the law. What are some laws truck companies and drivers must follow?
- Federal Hours of Service Laws. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration sets strict standards regarding how long drivers can operate a truck each day. Drivers can only drive a truck carrying freight for 11 hours at a time and they must have at least 10 hours off-duty between shifts. Drivers must record their hours in log books and if drivers are involved in an accident, insurers, victims, and other parties may review these log books for accuracy. When drivers violate hours of service laws, they may be driving while fatigued. Drowsy driving is incredibly dangerous. In fact, some researchers have found that drowsy driving can be just as dangerous as drunk driving. If you believe that truck driver fatigue may have played a role in your crash, or are wondering whether driver fatigue or violation of federal hours of service laws may have played a role, contact the truck accident attorneys in Encinitas, California at Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates today.
- Alcohol and Drug Use. Drivers are required to pass drug tests before they can be hired by a truck company. If a driver was involved in an accident, he or she may be tested for drug or alcohol use. If the driver tests positive, he or she may be responsible for your crash. Drug use is not limited to illegal substances. There are some prescription drugs that are known to interfere with a person’s ability to properly operate a motor vehicle. If your truck driver was found to be taking prescription drugs that interfered with their performance behind the wheel, the truck company or driver may be liable for your accident. If a truck driver was abusing prescription drugs, he or she may also be responsible for your injuries and losses. The semi-truck accident lawyers at Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates in Encinitas, California may be able to help you with your claim.
- Medical Testing. Drivers must pass medical tests to show that they are fit to operate a motor vehicle. Certain medical conditions can impact a person’s ability to drive. If a truck driver’s medical situation changes and he or she doesn’t notify his or her employer, drivers might be operating a truck when they are not fit to do so. The truck accident attorneys in Encinitas, California at Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates can review your driver’s medical history and reveal any factors that may have contributed to your crash.
- Truck Maintenance. Truck companies are required to keep their vehicles in working order. While any kind of mechanical failure can lead to serious accidents, the consequences of truck mechanical failure are much higher. If a truck blows a tire, the truck driver can lose control of his or her vehicle. If a truck’s brakes fail, you’re dealing with thousands of pounds of vehicle on the road that cannot easily be stopped. This is how accidents happen. If you believe that truck mechanical failure might have played a role in your crash or are wondering whether truck mechanical failure might have led to your truck accident, visit Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates, a semi-truck accident law firm in Encinitas, California today.
Truck accident claims can be complex because of the nature of the laws and because many more parties might be responsible. For example, stakeholders following a truck accident can include truck drivers, truck companies, shippers, maintenance personnel, and more. If you’ve been hurt in a truck accident, you need the qualified truck accident lawyers at Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates in Encinitas, California on your side. Our firm works hard to help victims and families seek the justice they may deserve under the law.
How a Truck Accident Lawyer in Encinitas, California Can Help You With Your Claim
A truck accident lawyer in Encinitas, California may be able to assist you with various aspects of your truck accident claim. How can a truck accident lawyer in Encinitas, California help you? Here are some ways:
- Estimate the Value of Your Claim. Understanding the value of your truck accident claim is important when negotiating with insurance companies and when writing demand letters to negligent truck drivers and companies. The value of your claim will depend upon many factors including the percentage of fault the truck driver or company holds in your accident, the seriousness of your injury, the value of your medical and rehabilitation expenses, whether you have missed time from work, and whether you will need medical care or rehabilitation care in the future. If you have been permanently disabled, this can also impact the value of your claim.
- Negotiating with Insurers and Negligent Parties. Once you know what your case is worth, how do you collect damages for these losses? A semi-truck accident lawyer in Encinitas, California can help you with these steps. Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates can write demand letters, negotiate with insurance companies, and take your case to court, if needed.
These are just some of the ways that a truck accident lawyer in Encinitas, California can help you. We can file the paperwork and handle the logistics of your personal injury claim so that you and your family can focus on what matters—healing. We can also guide you every step of the way. In the aftermath of a truck accident, there may be many unknowns. The Encinitas, California truck accident lawyers at Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates can help you.
Seek Justice Today
The truck industry makes billions each year and trucks are responsible for thousands of accidents and injuries. If the injury rate were as high in any other industry, there would be a public outcry. We have grown accustomed to car and truck accidents as a society. Yet, every victim matters. Every family that has been impacted by the negligent actions of a truck driver matters. If you or a loved one were hurt in a truck accident in Encinitas, California, speak to the semi-truck accident law firm at Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates today.