Boating Accident Lawyers in Encinitas, California
The boating accident lawyers in Encinitas, California at Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers work with victims of boating accidents to help them get the settlement they may deserve after an accident. According to the U.S. Coast Guard, in 2017 alone there were 4,291 boating accidents in the U.S. Americans lost an estimated $46 million in damages due to boating accidents and injuries. While California is a wonderful state in which to enjoy a day out on the water, boating comes with unique hazards. Boaters have a responsibility for their own safety and for the safety of others. When boaters drink, are distracted, speed, don’t have proper boat education, or break the law, accidents can happen. The U.S. Coast Guard reports that most fatal boating accidents (76%) are the result of alcohol use. Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers are boating accident lawyers in Encinitas, California who help victims seek justice for their injuries. Our firm can review the circumstances of your accident and help you and your family seek damages for your losses. You and your family may only have a limited time after a boating accident to make a claim under the law.
Settlement Involving Sexual Assault
Medical Malpractice action resulting in a confidential settlement
Confidential Settlement Legal Malpractice
Jane Doe was sexually harassed by her manager at a fast food restaurant.
Settlement Involving a Motorcycle versus Vehicle Accident
The boating accident lawyers in Encinitas, California at Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates offer new clients a free initial consultation during which we can review your case, and guide you on the next steps. You don’t have to navigate your boating accident claim alone.
Why Do Boating Accidents Occur in Encinitas, California?
Many factors can contribute to boating accident deaths and injuries. Lack of proper boating education can lead to deadly errors. When teens and children operate a boat or jet ski, accidents can also happen, even when adults are watching. What are the leading causes of boating accidents? Here are a few:
- Boating collisions can happen when boaters are distracted, speeding, or drinking. While there are many ways a boater can get distracted, when the boat is in motion, the driver’s job is to watch out for other boaters, for swimmers, and for any obstacles in the water. When collisions happen between two boats, usually one boater will be negligent for the accident. Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates are boating accident lawyers in Encinitas, California who may be able to help you seek damages from negligent parties in this case.
- Many boaters hit the water without having taken an approved boater safety course. You wouldn’t get behind the wheel without having taken a driving lesson. Why would you do so when operating a boat? Still, every year, accidents occur because boaters don’t have the skills they need to be safe.
- Speed kills. Not only does speed increase the risk of a collision, but it also increases the risk to passengers in the boat. If someone is thrown overboard, the speeds could result in more serious injury or death. At high speeds, it is much more difficult to correct for errors. Victims and families who have been hurt due to another boater’s decision to speed may be able to collect damages. The boating accident lawyers in Encinitas, California at Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates may be able to help you.
- Drinking and Boating. Alcohol use and drug use should never be permitted while boating. Even passengers should watch their alcohol intake. Should a drunk passenger fall overboard, the risk of drowning is much greater than a person who is sober. The law is very clear about drinking and boating. The boating accident lawyers in Encinitas, California at Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates fight for the rights of boating accident victims.
- Equipment Failure. If the motor dies or a fire breaks out on board and you are far from land, do you know what to do? Do you have the skills for self-rescue? Proper boat maintenance is the responsibility of the boater. When boat owners fail to keep their boats in the best shape, accidents and injuries can happen. The boating accident lawyers in Encinitas, California at Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates may be able to help you with your claim.
- It is important to check the weather before you head out. A sudden storm can create serious dangers to novice boaters. Sea conditions can change quickly and suddenly when you are out at sea. Don’t assume that sunny weather means it will stay that way. Boaters should also check the tides and read maps for shallow areas. It is possible to become stranded or to damage your hull during low tide in shallow areas.
- Falls Overboard. Falling overboard can be incredibly dangerous, especially if a person isn’t wearing a life jacket. If a person hits his or her head when falling and is knocked unconscious, he or she can drown. Boaters should know safety procedures to help a person who has fallen overboard. If you were on a commercial vessel and fell overboard, a qualified boating accident lawyer can review the circumstances of your situation and may be able to help you seek damages. Contact Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates, boating accident lawyers in Encinitas, California today.
- Hitting Propellers. When a person comes in contact with a moving propeller, the injuries can be serious. Boaters have a responsibility to watch for swimmers. Boaters also have a responsibility to be aware of who may be in the water and to drive with caution. If you were hit by a boat propeller, the boating accident lawyer in Encinitas, California at Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates may be able to help you.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a boating accident, you may be entitled to seek damages for your medical expenses, lost wages, property damages, and pain and suffering. You may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim under the law. Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates are boating accident lawyers in Encinitas, California who may be able to help you.
How Boating Accident Claims are Unique
Boat law is governed by both state and federal law. Which laws apply will depend on where your boating accident occurred. For example, if your boating accident occurred in the ocean, the U.S. Coast Guard may be the authority and federal laws may apply. If your accident occurred on navigable waterways within the state of California, like a lake or river, then state law might apply. Finally, if you were far enough away from the coast to be in international waters, international law may apply. It all depends on where your accident happened. This is where having a boating accident lawyer in Encinitas, California on your side can make all the difference in the world.
While boating accidents are fundamentally different from car accidents, the aftermath of a boating accident can be handled like any other type of accident. Individuals involved should stop what they are doing, render aid to those injured, call for help if needed, and report the boating accident to the authorities. If you have insurance, report the accident to your insurer. And finally, if you or someone you love was seriously injured in a boating accident, consider reaching out to a boating accident lawyer in Encinitas, California today. Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates are boating accident lawyers who may be able to help you with the claims process following a boating accident.
We Handle Accidents on the Water
You may be entitled to seek damages and compensation for a range of accidents on the water. While boaters might be the first to seek damages in the event of a collision, there are other situations where you may want to speak to the boating accident attorneys at Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates in Encinitas, California. For example, if you were swimming and a boat or jet ski collided with you, you may be entitled to seek compensation for your injuries. If you were hurt in a kayak, paddleboard, or while canoeing, due to the negligence or neglect of a boater, you may also be entitled to make a claim under the law. Boating safety is paramount. Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates, boating accident attorneys in Encinitas, California, help victims and families hold negligent boaters accountable. If you have been hurt in a boating accident, you may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim. Contact Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates today. Our compassionate attorneys can help you navigate the claims process.
If you or someone you love was hurt in a boating accident in Encinitas, California, you may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim under the law. Given the complexity of certain claims, you may want to reach out to a boating accident lawyer in Encinitas, California as soon as possible. Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates is a boating accident law firm in Encinitas, California that can help you.