Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Encinitas, California
The motorcycle accident lawyers in Encinitas, California at Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers may be able to assist you if you or someone you love was hurt in a motorcycle crash. Motorcycle crashes can be more serious than passenger vehicle crashes. Motorcycle riders don’t have the protective chassis of a car and can be more seriously injured if they are thrown from their bike during a crash. The motorcycle accident lawyers in Encinitas, California at Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers work with individuals who have been hurt in crashes and may be able to help you seek compensation for your injuries and losses after these accidents. Our motorcycle accident lawyers in Encinitas, California can negotiate with insurance companies, write demand letters to negligent parties, and fight for your rights.
Motorcyclists love the freedom of the open road and California is a wonderful place to experience the joy of the highway. Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers is a motorcycle accident law firm that understands that motorcycle riders tend to be among the safest users of the road. Riders often take extra safety courses and are more likely to drive defensively. After all, motorcyclists don’t have the chassis of a vehicle to protect them in the event of an accident.
Settlement Involving Sexual Assault
Medical Malpractice action resulting in a confidential settlement
Confidential Settlement Legal Malpractice
Jane Doe was sexually harassed by her manager at a fast food restaurant.
Settlement Involving a Motorcycle versus Vehicle Accident
The reality is that many motorcycle accidents occur due to no fault of the motorcyclist. A small error on the part of a passenger vehicle can result in catastrophic injuries for motorcyclists. If you or a loved one has suffered a serious injury due to the negligence or neglect of another driver in Encinitas, California, Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers are motorcycle accident attorneys who may be able to help you. Our firm can speak to insurance adjusters and fight negligent parties either inside or outside of court to help you get the recovery you may deserve.
Types of Motorcycle Injuries and Their Cost
When accidents occur, motorcycle riders can suffer from a range of costly serious injuries. Some of the most serious of these injuries can result in medical bills and rehabilitative expenses that can cost more than $1 million. If you have been seriously injured, you may be angry, sad, confused and stressed. You may be wondering what your next steps should be. Here are some common motorcycle injuries and their associated costs. If you or a loved one suffered an injury like the ones described below consider speaking to Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers, motorcycle accident lawyers in Encinitas, California today.
- Spinal Cord Injury. Spinal cord injury occurs when a person injures the spinal cord in a motorcycle accident. Because motorcycle riders don’t have the protection of a vehicle to absorb the force of a crash, spinal cord injuries might be more common among riders.
Spinal cord injury is one of the most serious injuries that a person can suffer. It can result in permanent loss of motion or sensation below the site of injury and can lead to major life changes as a result. While the cost of spinal cord injury treatment will depend on the seriousness of your injury, according to the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation, high tetraplegia can cost victims and their families approximately $1,064,716 in the first year alone. Paraplegia can leave victims and families with medical bills more than $500,000 in just the first year. The average cost of spinal cord injury in the years that follow can range from $184,000 each year to $42,000 each year. For many families, this is their entire yearly salary, or more. If you have suffered a spinal cord injury, consider speaking to Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates, a motorcycle accident law firm in Encinitas, California.
- Traumatic Brain Injury. Even if you were wearing a helmet, head trauma due to a motorcycle accident can lead to serious brain injuries. Even a mild traumatic brain injury can lead to memory changes, mood changes, and can interfere with a person’s ability to perform everyday tasks. Serious traumatic brain injury can impact your ability to move, think, remember, and perform life tasks. It can also change a person’s moods, sleep patterns, and personality. Any brain injury following a motorcycle accident is serious. Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates are motorcycle accident lawyers in Encinitas, California who can help you navigate the claims process if you have suffered a traumatic brain injury in Encinitas, California.
- Amputations can not only lead to disfigurement, but they can also impact your movement and your ability to perform regular life tasks. Motorcycle riders may be more at risk of amputations after a crash because the rider’s limbs are exposed. After an amputation, victims might suffer from pain, and they may also need adaptive devices or rehabilitation if they have suffered an amputation. This injury can impact all aspects of your life. Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates is a motorcycle accident law firm in Encinitas California that may be able to help you make a claim under the law for your amputation.
- Road Rash. When skin hits the pavement, it can become abraded or injured in a crash. Road rash can be incredibly painful, lead to missed time from work, and in some cases, can be disfiguring. If you have suffered road rash due to the negligent actions of another driver, you may have the right to make a claim under the law. The motorcycle accident lawyers in Encinitas, California at Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates may be able to help you.
- Broken Bones. While broken bones do not usually lead to permanent injuries, they can interfere with your quality of life and ability to work for weeks. You may be entitled to seek compensation to cover your medical expenses and lost wages for this time. Some tendon injuries related to broken bones can also result in serious injury and may even require long-term rehabilitation. While many people might think of broken bones as relatively minor, these injuries can have a serious impact on your activity level and health. If you have been injured in a motorcycle crash, reach out to the motorcycle accident lawyer in Encinitas, California at Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates to learn more about your rights and options.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. The psychological impact of a motorcycle accident is Individuals might need weeks to months of care to recover from the psychological trauma of a crash. Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder may not always be immediately apparent after an accident. Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates is a motorcycle accident law firm that offers caring and compassionate counsel to victims to help them seek the care they need and fight for the claims they may deserve under the law.
These are just some of the injuries riders can suffer after a motorcycle accident. Riders can also suffer internal injuries, may need to undergo surgery, and may face a long road to recovery after a crash. If you or a loved one has been hurt in a motorcycle accident, your focus should be on healing. Let Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates, a motorcycle accident law firm in Encinitas, California assist you with your motorcycle accident claim.
What Should I Do After My Motorcycle Accident in Encinitas, California?
If you have been hurt in a motorcycle accident in Encinitas, California, protect your rights. Call the police and make a police report. Even if you think your injuries are minor, it is still a good idea to call the police and make a report. Sometimes damage to a vehicle may appear minor, but may turn out to be quite costly. And sometimes, injuries that may appear minor, could turn out to be more serious. Head injuries, for example, sometimes aren’t always diagnosed right away, and post-traumatic stress disorder can develop in the weeks after a motorcycle crash happens. Always call the police. If you later need to make a personal injury claim, your motorcycle accident lawyer in Encinitas, California can be helped by a police report. If you didn’t file a police report, or need assistance with your case, the motorcycle accident lawyers in Encinitas, California at Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates may be able to help you.
Another important step you may want to take after a motorcycle crash is to call insurance companies and report the accident, and seek medical attention as soon as possible. You may also want to contact a qualified motorcycle accident lawyer in Encinitas, California like Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates. Our firm can help you with insurance claims and assist you should you need to file a personal injury lawsuit. Filing an insurance claim for a serious injury can sometimes get complicated. For example, if your injury was serious, you may need to provide documentation to insurance companies to ensure that you get the maximum possible settlement permitted under the law. The higher your damages, generally, the more you can expect to experience pushback from your insurance company. While your insurance company is obligated to honor your insurance contract, sometimes adjusters might make an initial settlement offer that is lower than the one you might be entitled to receive under the law. Having a lawyer on your side to fight for your rights and take your case to court if needed can be helpful. An insurance company may be more likely to take your case seriously if you have a motorcycle accident lawyer in Encinitas, California on your side willing to take your case to court.
Our firm can review your case, and fight to hold negligent parties accountable. Sometimes drivers might try to blame the rider for a crash. Sometimes individuals are biased about motorcyclists, believing that riders are “daredevils” or “risk takers.” When the other party is blaming you, it helps to have a qualified motorcycle accident lawyer fighting for your interests and rights. You may be entitled to receive damages for your:
- Medical Expenses
- Lost Wages
- Pain and Suffering
- Property Damage
- and any future expenses resulting from your crash
However, you may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim under the law. Contact Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates, a motorcycle accident law firm in Encinitas, California today. We are here to help.