La Jolla Truck Accident Lawyers
The truck accident lawyers in La Jolla, California at Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers assist individuals who have been hurt in crashes due to the negligence of truck drivers and truck companies. In 2021 alone the trucking industry’s revenue was over $800 billion. Yet, despite these high revenues, every year thousands of people are killed and many thousands more are injured in truck accidents. If the aviation industries had similar injury rates, there would likely be a public outcry for increased safety.
When individuals are hurt in truck accidents, they can suffer immense losses. Unexpected medical bills can make it difficult for families to know how they’ll make ends meet. If your family’s primary breadwinner or earner is out of work, you may struggle to pay bills and rent. And if a family’s primary caretaker is seriously injured, you may be struggling with the prospect of suddenly having to pay for childcare and nursing care. If you or someone you love was hurt in a truck accident, you may have the right to seek compensation for your injuries and losses. The truck accident lawyers at Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers in La Jolla, California are here to help. Our attorneys understand the unique challenges that truck accident victims face. The truck accident claim process can sometimes be more complicated than passenger vehicle accidents. Truck companies are required to abide by strict federal and local laws. Truck companies are also required to hold high-limit insurance policies. When truck companies cut corners, innocent individuals sometimes get injured.
The truck accident lawyers in La Jolla, California at Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers work closely with individuals who have been hurt to help them seek justice. When accidents happen, individuals sometimes find themselves fighting big corporations and companies. The truck accident lawyers in La Jolla, California at Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers can review the truck company’s safety record and safety practices, and fight to hold negligent truck companies and drivers accountable. Call 855-290-8080 for a FREE Consultation.
Trucking Laws and How They Affect Truck Accident Claims in La Jolla
Truck drivers are required to follow strict federal and local laws. For example, truck drivers must abide by hours of service laws that limit how long they can be on the road. This law is designed to prevent drivers from operating a truck while fatigued. There are many laws in place that govern commercial drivers and trucks. When truck drivers and companies break these laws, they could be putting innocent people at risk. Here are some key trucking laws that could affect a truck accident personal injury case:
• Medical Requirements for Drivers. Truck drivers are required to pass regular medical examinations and are not permitted to take certain kinds of medications that can impact their ability to safely operate a commercial vehicle. A truck driver’s health can evolve over time, and if a driver fails to inform officials when his or her medical condition changes, accidents can happen. The semi-truck accident lawyers in La Jolla, California at Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers can review the medical records and medications of the driver responsible for your truck accident, and fight to hold companies and drivers accountable when they are responsible.
• Loading Requirements. The law governs how heavily a truck can be loaded and how trucks must be loaded. If a truck is overloaded, there could be an increased risk of mechanical failure. The semi-truck accident lawyers in La Jolla, California at Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers can review truck company records and determine if the truck was properly loaded.
• Maintenance. Truck companies are required to properly maintain their vehicles. When truck companies fail to maintain their vehicles, catastrophic accidents can take place. Brake failure, tire failure, and other mechanical failures can result in serious and deadly accidents.
• Hours of Service Laws. Drivers are limited in how many hours they can operate their commercial vehicle in a given day and even in a given week. Drivers are required to log their hours, but these logs can sometimes be falsified. A truck accident lawyer in La Jolla, California can review not only hours of service laws but shipping logs. Sometimes companies place unreasonable pressure on their drivers to deliver goods in a specific timeframe and this forces drivers to violate hours of service laws. A qualified truck accident lawyer in La Jolla, California can review all logs and records to determine whether the law was violated.
• Driver Qualifications. Truck drivers must maintain up-to-date qualifications. This includes passing medical exams, but also having a clean driving record, and maintaining up-to-date licensure. Truck companies might be required to perform a background check before hiring a truck driver, and when truck drivers fail to do this, they might unwittingly hire someone with a poor driving background. When truck companies fail to perform their due diligence, the company could be responsible in the event of an accident.
• Drugs and Alcohol. Truck drivers may sometimes use drugs and alcohol to cope with long hours and weeks away from their families and home. Unfortunately, when truck drivers use drugs and alcohol while driving, they put innocent drivers on the road at risk. The truck accident lawyers in La Jolla, California at Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers can evaluate police records and driver drug use to determine whether drug use resulted in your accident.
These are just some of the laws that can have an impact on your truck accident claim. The semi-truck accident lawyers in La Jolla, California at Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers understand the law and can take the time to investigate truck companies and drivers to see whether a violation of the law resulted or contributed to your accident. If a truck company or driver’s negligence contributed to your accident, you may have the right to seek compensation for your losses and medical expenses. Reach out to the La Jolla, California truck accident lawyers at Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers today to learn more.
Contact a Truck Accident Lawyer Today in La Jolla, California
Truck companies are required to have high-limit insurance policies, but when major accidents occur, insurance companies might sometimes push back on offering the full payout. Insurance companies may require additional documentation or may make estimates that don’t quite take into account the full losses of victims and families. A semi-truck accident lawyer in La Jolla, California can review your losses, estimate the value of your claim, and fight to help you get the best settlement permitted under the law. We can negotiate with insurance companies and fight them when they fail to offer you or your family the settlement you deserve. You may only have a limited time to make a claim under the law. Reach out to the truck accident lawyers in La Jolla, California at Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers today.