Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Escondido, California
The motorcycle accident lawyers in Escondido, California at Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers works with individuals who have been injured in motorcycle accidents due to the neglect or negligence of another person or party. If you or someone you love was hurt in a motorcycle accident in Escondido, California, reach out to Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers today. Our lawyers can review your case, identify negligent parties, estimate the value of your motorcycle accident claim, and fight to help you get the best possible settlement from insurers or negligent parties.
According to the Insurance Information Institute, motorcycle riders are 28 times more likely to die than passenger vehicle occupants. While the majority of motorcycle riders are educated on motorcycle safety, many accidents occur when drivers make a mistake behind the wheel. Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers are motorcycle accident attorneys in Escondido, California who represent the interests of motorcycle riders after a crash. Riders are vulnerable road users. They don’t have the protective chassis of a vehicle and are therefore more likely to suffer serious injuries after an accident. This can result in more serious injuries including spinal cord injury, traumatic head injury, road rash, broken bones, and more.
Settlement Involving Sexual Assault
Medical Malpractice action resulting in a confidential settlement
Confidential Settlement Legal Malpractice
Jane Doe was sexually harassed by her manager at a fast food restaurant.
Settlement Involving a Motorcycle versus Vehicle Accident
Our firm understands that there remains a great deal of bias against motorcycle riders. Insurance adjusters and other drivers may see riders as “risk takers.” Drivers may not be watching out for riders, making it more likely that an accident can occur. The truth is that all road users have a responsibility to share the road and act safely. Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers are motorcycle accident attorneys in Escondido, California who help injured motorcycle riders seek damages for their lost wages, pain and suffering, and medical expenses following a crash. You may only have a limited amount of time under the law to seek damages following a motorcycle accident. Contact the motorcycle accident lawyers in Escondido, California at Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers today.
How a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Escondido, California Can Help You with Your Insurance Claim
Most motorcycle accident victims will have the right to make a motorcycle insurance claim after a crash. However, anything you say to adjusters after an accident can have an impact on your settlement and claim. Insurance adjusters often want to understand who was responsible for your accident. They may want to evaluate the extent of your injuries. Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers are motorcycle accident lawyers in Escondido, California who understand that the insurance claims process can be complex. Our firm can speak to adjusters so you don’t have to do so.
When making an insurance claim following your motorcycle accident, it can be helpful to know what your claim might be worth. Sometimes insurance adjusters may offer motorcycle victims the lowest possible settlement they can under the law. While insurance adjusters are required to honor their contractual obligations, sometimes it can be helpful to have a motorcycle accident lawyer in Escondido, California on your side. For example, the motorcycle accident attorneys at Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates can review your case, review medical bills, rehabilitation costs, and other losses to arrive at a fair estimate. We can negotiate with insurance adjusters so you don’t have to.
We can gather evidence to support your claim and fight for your rights if your claim is denied for any reason. Sometimes insurance adjusters may offer victims lower settlements than they may deserve. Insurance adjusters use computer programs and other assessment tools to estimate the value of a claim. If their information is incomplete, victims may sometimes lose out on important settlement amounts. Contact Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates, a motorcycle accident law firm to learn more about your rights and options in Escondido, California today.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Escondido, California
Most motorcycle accidents are the result of driver error. When passenger vehicle drivers make mistakes, the people who often suffer the most are vulnerable motorcycle riders. The National Highway Traffic Association notes that motorcycles don’t have the protective chassis of a car to keep them safe in the event of an accident. Roof, doors, airbags, and crashworthiness features protect people when accidents occur in passenger vehicles. Motorcycles don’t have these protections. They also take up a smaller profile on the road, which makes them harder for passenger vehicle drivers to see them. What are some common causes of motorcycle accidents? Here are a few:
- Left Hand Turns. When drivers are making left hand turns, they may not always be looking out for motorcycle riders. Riders should always watch out for drivers making left hand turns in intersections. However, drivers also have a responsibility to be aware of their surroundings and avoid colliding with motorcycles, especially when making critical turns like these. Unfortunately, drivers may not always account for a motorcycle rider’s speed and this can lead to accidents. If you’ve been hurt because of a driver making a left-hand turn, contact Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates, motorcycle accident lawyers in Escondido, California today.
- Road Debris. Road debris like gravel or potholes can lead to serious accidents. Advanced rider skills, like trail braking, can help you avoid a complete wipe out, but if cities and states don’t keep their roads repaired, then these accidents can occur. In some cases, injured riders might be entitled to seek damages for their injuries if states failed to keep roads paved and debris-clear. Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates is a motorcycle accident law firm in Escondido, California that can review your accident and help you seek the claim you may deserve.
- Changing Lanes. Passenger vehicle drivers may not always watch for motorcyclists before changing lanes. If you get struck when a vehicle is changing lanes, the consequences can be disastrous. The motorcycle accident attorneys in Escondido, California at Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates can help you seek damages if you were hurt in an accident due to another driver’s failure to properly change lanes.
- Rear-End Collisions. Distracted driving is on the rise. If a driver is checking their phone and isn’t aware of the stop sign or red light ahead of them, a rear-end collision can occur. Rear-end collisions are almost always the fault of the driver behind. Unfortunately, a rear-end collision involving a motorcycle is far more dangerous than a rear-end collision involving two passenger vehicles. The motorcycle rider can be thrown from their motorcycle, or end up crushed between vehicles. If you’ve been struck by another vehicle due to a rear-end collision, visit Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates, motorcycle accident lawyers in Escondido, California today.
- Open Car Doors. If you ride your motorcycle in the city, drivers who have just parallel parked and who open their car doors can strike you. Drivers have a responsibility to check outside their vehicles before parking. Riders who are involved in these kinds of accidents can suffer serious head or spinal cord injuries. If you have been hurt, contact the motorcycle accident lawyers in Escondido, California at Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates.
These accidents can leave victims suffering from a range of serious conditions, including:
- Spinal cord injury
- Traumatic brain injury
- Road rash
- Broken bones
- Back pain
- Internal injuries
- And others.
If you have been in a motorcycle accident, you may be wondering whether you are entitled to a claim or whether you have the right to pursue a personal injury claim. Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates is a motorcycle accident law firm in Escondido, California that can work with you to help you get the maximum possible recovery permitted under the law. You are not alone.
Steps to Take After a Motorcycle Crash in Escondido, California
There are several steps you can take if you’ve been hurt in a motorcycle crash in Escondido, California. The steps are those similar to the steps you would take if you were involved in a car accident in Escondido, California. The aftermath of a car accident can be incredibly stressful. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Call the police and make a police report. Sometimes individuals involved in a crash or motorcycle accident might think that damage is minor or that there are no injuries and that the police don’t need to be called. In general, it is always a good idea to report the accident to police. Police can record the scene and identify who might have been at fault for the crash. Some injuries may not always be apparent at the scene of an accident. For example, certain types of head injuries, or post-traumatic stress disorder symptoms, may not always be manifest at the scene of an accident and may take weeks before they are noticed.
- Exchange contact information with other drivers and take down the information of witnesses at the scene of the accident.
- Seek medical attention right away and always follow the instructions of your doctor.
- Tell your insurance company you have been in an accident.
Finally, if you have questions about your personal injury claim following a motorcycle accident, reach out to the motorcycle accident attorneys in Escondido, California at Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates. The motorcycle accident lawyers at Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates may be able to help you with a range of issues that can arise following a motorcycle accident. For example, we can work with insurance adjusters to help you get the best possible settlement under the law. We can also write demand letters to negligent parties to hold them accountable for their actions. We can also help you with other aspects of the claims process. Have questions following a motorcycle accident in Escondido, California? Reach out to the motorcycle accident lawyers in Escondido, California.
Seek Justice Today
You may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim under the law. Statute of limitations place strict time limits on how long you have to pursue a claim in court. Being able to pursue a claim in court doesn’t mean you have to do so, but it can place leverage on insurers and negligent parties to pay for your damages. Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates are motorcycle accident lawyers in Escondido, California who work with victims and families who have been hurt in motorcycle crashes, assisting them with the claims process whether that means speaking to insurance adjusters, writing demand letters to negligent parties, or pursuing a personal injury claim in court.