San Diego California Serious Injury Lawyers
The San Diego, California serious injury lawyers at Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers work closely with individuals who have been seriously hurt due to the negligence or neglect of another person or party. Serious injury claims can be more complicated than other types of injury claims. Insurance companies may scrutinize these claims more closely because they may involve larger settlements, and they may ask for more evidence during the claims process. Seeking damages can also be more complex because after a serious injury an individual might be disabled or in need of long-term rehabilitation, requiring a larger settlement than a minor injury claim. If you or someone you love was seriously injured, reach out to the serious injury lawyers in San Diego, at Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers.
A Compassionate Serious Injury Lawyer in San Diego, California May Be Able to Help
If you or someone you love was seriously injured in San Diego, California, the compassionate and caring serious injury lawyers in San Diego, California at Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers may be able to help. The lawyers at our personal injury law firm understand the unique challenges that victims of serious accidents face, and we can bring our legal expertise to the table to help you navigate the claims process. That may include estimating the value of your claim and negotiating with insurance companies to help you get the settlement you deserve, writing demand letters so that you can receive the settlement you may deserve from negligent parties, and taking your case to court, if needed.
If you have suffered a serious injury caused by a car accident, truck accident, boating accident, aviation accident or other motor vehicle accident, you are likely overwhelmed by pain and suffering, as well as by mounting medical costs and/or property damages. The losses following a serious injury can be quite financially devastating. Families might not only face high medical expenses, but may also face medical expenses in the future stemming from their serious injury. Victims may require ongoing nursing care, rehabilitation, and other services, and these costs can add up quickly. In addition to these expenses, individuals may miss time from work, resulting in even more losses. These losses also don’t account for other damages which may not be so easy to quantify.
Settlement Involving Sexual Assault
Medical Malpractice action resulting in a confidential settlement
Confidential Settlement Legal Malpractice
Jane Doe was sexually harassed by her manager at a fast food restaurant.
Settlement Involving a Motorcycle versus Vehicle Accident
For example, if a person was seriously injured and cared for children or elderly loved ones, and can now no longer care for their loved ones, families may find themselves shouldering the immense burden and cost of seeking additional childcare or nursing care. The costs following a serious injury can be immense. If you or someone you love was hurt in a serious injury in San Diego, California, you may have the right to seek damages under the law. The serious injury lawyers in San Diego, California at Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers can review your medical bills and expenses, review your losses, estimate the value of your claim, and fight to help you get the settlement you may deserve under the law. A serious injury lawyer in San Diego, California at Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers may be able to help you and your family. We understand the unique challenges that victims and their families face after an accident.
Who We Represent
Personal injury lawyers at Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers, APC, represent plaintiffs in San Diego, Orange County, Riverside County, San Bernardino County, Imperial County and all Southern California. The firm has extensive experience working with individuals and families to litigate personal injury and wrongful death claims in order to recover damages for all material, social and psychological losses suffered. If you have been hurt in a car accident, truck accident, motorcycle accident, bike accident, pedestrian accident, boating accident, construction accident, or other type of serious accident, reach out to the accident claims lawyers in San Diego, California at Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers today.
How an Accident Claim Lawyer in San Diego, California Can Help You
If you’ve been injured in a serious accident in San Diego, California, the accident claims lawyers at Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers may be able to assist you.
An accident claims lawyer in San Diego, California at Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers can help you navigate the complexities of the claims process, so you and your family can focus on what matters: healing. Here are some ways an accident claim lawyer can help:
- Estimating the Value of Your Serious Injury Claim. The value of your serious injury claim will depend upon many factors. The value of your medical bills, the estimated future medical and rehabilitation costs, and lost wages due to missed time at work can all play a role in the value of your claim. Other factors can also play an important role, including the percentage of negligence of the at-fault party (sometimes the other party isn’t found to be 100% at fault), and the value of other damages, including pain and suffering. Pain and suffering damages will depend largely on the seriousness of your injury and whether your accident will have left you disabled. The serious injury lawyers in San Diego, California at Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers can estimate the value of your claim and may be able to help you with the recovery process.
- Negotiating With Insurance Adjusters. In the aftermath of a serious injury insurance companies are required to honor their contractual obligations. However, sometimes insurance companies might offer clients a lower settlement than they may deserve, or they may require more detailed documentation of the accident. A serious injury attorney in San Diego, California at Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers can help you understand what your claim might be worth, help you understand the insurance company’s obligations to you, and help you navigate the complexities of the claims process. If the settlement insurance companies is offering your family is lower than your medical bills or rehabilitation expenses, or if you or someone you love was seriously injured in an accident and you don’t know what your claim might be worth, reach out to the serious injury lawyers at Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers in San Diego, California today.
- Writing Demand Letters to Negligent Parties. An accident claim lawyer in San Diego, California at Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers can identify negligent parties and write demand letters to help you get the settlement you may deserve under the law. Some accident claims can be more serious than others. For example, a truck accident claim may involve multiple stakeholders, including truck drivers, truck companies, shipping companies and more. Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers is an accident claim law firm in San Diego, California that may be able to help.
- Take Your Case to Court. Many claims can be settled outside of court, through negotiation or through demand letters. However, sometimes cases need to be taken to court. Insurance adjusters and negligent parties may be more likely to take your claim seriously if they know you’re working with a lawyer willing to take your case to court. The accident claim attorneys in San Diego, California at Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers can help you every step of the way, when we take on your case.
If you’ve been seriously injured in San Diego, California, you may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim under the law. The accident claim lawyers in San Diego, California at Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers can review your case and assist you with the next steps. We offer new clients a free initial consultation during which we can review your case and guide you on the next steps.
Your Recovery Is Our Bottom Line
Attorneys Jeffrey E. Estes and Alton J. Smith are intimately familiar with the signs and symptoms of many common serious injuries resulting from motor vehicle accidents. They know how to recognize care that is needed, and will advise clients accordingly. Additionally, they address client concerns related to medical insurance, rehabilitation and job retraining opportunities. Their bottom line is helping to recover money for their clients to get adequate care. An accident claim lawyer in San Diego, California can connect you with the experts and professionals who can help you recover, and we can fight negligent parties to cover your costs.
Legal recovery can include economic and noneconomic damages. In addition to obvious categories like physical disfigurement, future medical costs, lost wages and medical surveillance costs, damages can also include categories that the plaintiff may not be aware of as having monetary value, such as loss of companionship and mental anguish, or the additional costs of childcare if a loved one who cared for your children passed away or was seriously injured. The serious injury lawyers in San Diego, California at Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers, APC, counsel clients so that they are awarded a maximum recovery that does not overlook hidden costs of noneconomic damages and/or future care.
Serious injuries that can result from truck and other motor vehicle accidents include:
- Burn injuries. Burn injuries can range from first degree burns to fourth degree burns. While first and second degree burns can generally heal on their own (with the exception of situations where first and second degree burns cover large percentages of the body), these burns can be incredibly painful and may require a long course of healing or even time missed from work. Third degree burns affect the deeper layers of the skin and generally require skin grafts in order to heal. Fourth degree burns can go down to the muscle or bone and may result in lost limbs, damaged organs, and more. Burn injuries can impact all aspects of a victims’ life, from self-esteem due to disfigurement, to financial freedom and stability due to lost time from work. If you have suffered a serious burn injury, reach out to the San Diego, California personal injury lawyers at Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers today. The recovery process from a burn injury may require surgery, various types of skin grafts, a long course of after-care that may require painful cleaning and bandage changing, the need for psychological and psychiatric services, a nutritionist, and more. Patients may require care at a burn center specialized in providing physical and occupational rehabilitation to burn patients, a nursing facility, or a rehabilitation facility. The serious injury lawyers in San Diego, California at Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers can help you navigate the aftermath of this serious injury and assist you with seeking damages for your losses.
- Lost limbs. Amputation is the surgical removal of a limb. A person may lose a limb following a serious injury. During an amputation, the doctor will try to preserve as much healthy tissue as possible. The recovery process after the loss of a limb will depend on the kind of amputation and the limb amputated. The wound site of the amputation itself will need time to heal, and patients may require rehabilitation to maintain range of motion and prevent infection. Patients may also experience psychological distress and grief and may require psychological therapy to cope with the major life change of losing a limb. While the wound from a lost limb generally heals after about eight weeks, the emotional and physical changes of adjusting to an amputation can take months or years. Patients may need to learn how to perform everyday tasks in new ways, may need to learn how to walk again, and may need ongoing counseling to adjust to changed body image and the distress of losing a limb. If you or someone you love lost a limb in an accident, the serious injury attorneys in San Diego, California at Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers may be able to help you.
- Paralysis. If you have been paralyzed at a result of an accident, you may be facing a range of life changes. The recovery process for spinal cord injury can be long and arduous. Spinal cord injuries can occur in car accidents or other serious accidents and can result in complete or partial loss of function below the site of injury. According to the Shepherd Center, it can take up to 18 months for a person to recover some function after a spinal cord injury. The role of the spinal cord is to relay messages from the brain to the body. When the spinal cord is injured, this relay system can become damaged or blocked. There are different types of spinal cord injuries. Complete spinal cord injuries can result in complete loss of sensation and movement below the site of injury, while those with incomplete injuries may have some functioning and movement below the site of injury. Where your spinal cord was injured will likely determine the range of paralysis. If you have suffered a spinal cord injury after an accident, this kind of injury can dramatically change your life. You may require ongoing rehabilitation, ongoing care, and the need for assistive devices like wheelchairs or other mobility aids. If you have been seriously injured in San Diego, California, Jeffrey Estes Injury Lawyers help individuals seek the recovery they may deserve. Spinal cord injuries can be incredibly costly, can result in missed time from work, and permanent disability. The San Diego, California personal injury lawyers at Jeffrey Estes Injury Law may be able to help you receive the recovery you may deserve under the law.
- Permanent disability. Injuries stemming from car accidents and other types of accident can result in permanent disability. If you have been disabled in an accident, reach out to the accident lawyer in San Diego, California at Jeffrey Estes Injury Law. Our attorneys are here to help you.
- Traumatic brain injury. Traumatic brain injury can be mild or severe. Severe traumatic brain injury can result in permanent disability, lost mobility, lost cognitive function, and other losses. If you only suffered a mild traumatic brain injury, most people regain most functioning after three months, though some people experience lingering effects. If your brain injury was more serious, you may experience ongoing disability in your ability to speak, move, think, and perform basic life tasks. Rehabilitation from a brain injury may include physical therapy, occupational therapy, psychiatric services, psychological care, speech and language therapy, social support, and more. Individuals who suffer a head injury might experience dizziness, confusion, seizures, coordination issues, slurred speech, difficulty concentrating, memory issues, and personality or mood changes. Any kind of traumatic brain injury can have a serious impact on your life. The serious injury lawyers in San Diego, California at Jeffrey Estes Injury Law may be able to help you with your case.
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Wrongful death. If you have lost a loved one in an accident, please accept our deepest condolences. While no amount of money will ever replace the loss of a loved one, the sudden death of a family member in an accident can have a serious impact on your life. If your loved one was your family’s primary breadwinner, you may be wondering how you’ll make ends meet. If your loved one cared for children or elderly relatives, you may be facing the additional burden of paying for childcare or nursing home care. If you have lost a loved one in San Diego, California, the personal injury lawyers at Jeffrey Estes Injury Law are here to help you.
A statute of limitations applies to all personal injury cases, restricting the time limit in which such cases must be brought. These time limits vary based upon the individual claim, and so it is important to seek a legal consultation promptly. An accident claim lawyer in San Diego, California will also need time to gather documentation and build evidence for your case, and should be contacted as soon as possible.
Call Toll Free 855-290-8080 For A Free Consultation
We offer free initial consultations, and do not bill you unless we have successfully recovered damages for you. That means that there are no costs up front, and you pay nothing unless we win a recovery on your behalf. Contact us to speak with one of our personal injury and accident lawyers.
Se habla español.
For more information on personal injury law in San Diego, click here.
For more information on personal injury law in Indio, click here.